The idea that the Commonwealth of Australia is a corporation registered in Washington DC is foreign to most people. Others are in pure disbelief. Others reason that it is necessary for trading.
One thin is for certain. An official response, with evidence, is yet to be seen to some very serious questions:
Is the “Australian Government” one and the same as the “Government of the Commonwealth“?
Is the “Parliament of Australia” one and the same as the “Parliament of the Commonwealth“?
Who owns the Commonwealth of Australia Corporation registered in Washington DC? – If it is owned here in Australia, surely the company in Washington would report back to Australia? Why is it the reporting appears to be from Australia to Washington?
Why is it that there are so many elements of today’s Commonwealth of Australia that parallel corporate behaviour:
- Their websites are copyright protected
- They have ‘Client Service Charters‘
- Logos are trademarked
- They have Australian Business Numbers
- They have Dun & Bradstreet DUNS numbers
- They are registered in a company database
- They have a prospectus – seemingly for investors?
- They have a business address
- Some have multiple trading names
- They produce annual reports